Want to check epf balance online? With the lunch of EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization ) portal www.epfindia.com, now it is very easy to check epf money every month simply accessing EPFo without asking for epf e passbook request to EPFO manually.
In fact one can download epf e passbook on monthly basis and keep a track of provident fund balance regular basis. If you don’t know How to check epf e passbook online, then this article will help you to access your EPF account and check the passbook.
Procedure to check epf e passbook online
EPF E Passbook is almost similar to a bank statement, but one has to access it manually. EPFO will not send this document to users email id like banks do. One can download as many times as they need.
Steps for getting EPF Balance online – E Passbook
1) Login to EPFO portal via this link http://www.epfindia.com
2) Look for the Member Portal (Download your E-Passbook) link in the middle of the page and click on that.
3) If you have not yet register with EPFO or if you don’t have EPF login details, then complete the epf e passbook online registration process first.
4) As soon as you click on register a form will open. Fill all compulsory Fields like Mobile No, Date of Birth, Document Type (For e.g. Pan Card) and Document No – If you select Pan Card, then provide Pan Card no.
5) Then type the captcha characters shown in text box & Click on GET PIN
6) After clicking on Get Pin. You will receive SMS from PF office for providing pin no.
7) After getting Pin no, you need to click on check box – I Agree. Then you need to type Pin no in Enter Authorization PIN box & Click on Submit. Then you will receive SMS from PF office for confirmation of Registration.
8) After completion of Registration process you need to login again to Member Portal for sending request for E-Passbook.
9) For Login, you need to select document type (which you have selected at the time of registration. For e.g. if you have selected Pan Card then need to select Pan Card). Then need to type Document no (For e.g. Pan Card number) & then need to type Mobile No& then click on Sign In.
10) After login in to EPFO member area, you will find a similar page like below.
11) Look for “DOWNLOAD E PASSBOOK” option and click on that.
12) After that it will ask the establishment code, select the state according to your PF account details. Then select the PF office from the list as per your data.
13) In the next screen, provide all the necessary information like EPF account number, your name and provide the characters in the right side box.
14) Click on get pin button. You will receive a sms in your mobile phone and then provide that number in the same screen in place of Enter Authorization PIN.
15) Check the I Agree check box and the click on Get Detail button. Check you updated EPF e Passbook and save the document. One can also check all previous downloaded e passbooks also.
In case of any epf e passbook enquiry, plese visit the contact us page of EPFO India website.
One can check this document on monthly basis or quarterly basis. There is no such rule like how often one can check epf passbook online. But the fact is that as we know epf is long term investment, there is no point to check or monitor regular basis. Rest is up to individuals.
Did you check your epf e passport online? Did you able to follow the steps for epf e passbook free download? Share your feedback and experience with us.