Are you feeling cheated by your insurance company and want to file a complaint against insurance company? Then this article will help you to register a compalint against your insurance company. Before proceeding further I just want share few facts for which people are ready to file a complaint.
- If you don’t receive your claim settlement as the time promised.
- If your policy details provided by agent or company does not match with the realtime scenario.
- If you have not received your policy document after paying every dues.
- If your claim is rejected due to some reason which you are not able to accept.
There might be many such reasons for which if you feel you have been cheated, then you should take a step forward and file a complaint.
Steps to file a complaint against your Insurance company
LIC is the biggest company in this sector, so I just took a snapshot of the grievance page of their official website. Similar to that you will find the similar page in every insurance company website. So let’s start follow the steps
1) First of all you have to approach your insurance company Grievance cell and file a complaint with them. Download the details from this link.
2) You can email them or to visit that head office of that company and file a complaint.
3) Don’t forget to collect the acknowledgement copy of your complaint.
Now there is a timeline set by IRDA for various types of complaint and every company has to reply back to insurer within this timeline for the complaint filed. In case any deviation then you have to proceed for the step 4.
4) Now you are among those who has not get any response from your insurance company after many attempt of contact. In that case you can proceed further and inform the same to Grievance Redressal Cell of IRDA. To do that you can easily call them on their Toll Free Number 155255 (or) 1800 4254 732 or Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with all your bitter experiences with that insurance provider.
5) For better tracking of your complaint with IRDA you should register @ www.igms.irda.gov.in first.
6) Download the complaint form from the link and send the hard copy to below address
Consumer Affairs Department
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
3-5-817/818, United India Towers, 9th Floor
Hyderabad – 500 029
7) You can also fax the same filled form to 040-66789768.
So don’t forget to complaint with grievance cell of the insurance company if you have a grievance. Then if they respond in time or you are not happy with their response you can contact to IRDA and take your query forward.