Recently Pm Narendra Modi launched Jeevan Pramaan digital life certificate for pensioners. Life certificate is the proof of existence or life of pensioners. Every year in the month of November every pensioners has to visit the respected bank and provide the proof of their life, so that pension can continue. But due to many reason etc (old age, travelled to new cit) it is not possible to present in due time.
To resolve this issue Govt. has launched Jeevan Pramaan digital life certificate for pensioners. But this is too early to judge the benefits or drawbacks of Jeevan Pramaan certificate. In this article we will check out every details of Jeevan Pramaan life certificate.
What is Jeevan Pramaan digital life certificate?
Digitization is the latest buzz in our country. Gradually every age old Govt processes are coming in to digitization to make our life easy and flexible. Jeevan Pramaan certificate is also going to reduce problem of providing life existence proof online. This is new system in which people can link their Aadhaar card and provide biometric proof from any part of the country. After successful authentication a digital certificate will generate and submit to the pension database as a proof. In every city many such centers will be deployed to help senior citizens to do this biometric process properly, in case they are not able to do that by own.
What is bio-metric fingerprint scanner software?
This is a small device one has to purchase to complete this Jeevan Pramaan process. One can plug that with Smartphone of computer and take his/her fingure print scanned. You can take help from your children to complete the jeevan pramaan digital life certificate process. You can buy Mantra & Morpho finger print scanner and Iritec Iris scanner at a price of 2500 – 3000 max. As per new Govt will provide cheaper biometric fingerprint scanner soon in dedicated shops.
How to get jeevan pramaan digital life certificate online
One can easily follow the steps and get jeevan pramaan digital life certificate online.
- Visit the official website jeevanpramaan.gov.in and download the software for desktop or mobile.
- Launch the software and provide necessary information (bank details, Aadhaar number, mobile number, pension payment order no etc) to register for your jeevan pramaan certificate.
- Then authenticate yourself with the help of biometric fingerprint scanner.
- After successful autehntification you will receive a SMS in your phone number provided. This SMS will include your jeevan pramaan unique certificate id.
- If you find any issue up to this step, you can visit to the nearest centers of jeevan pramaan. There you can manually filled up the forms and get authenticated done under expert people.
- This certificate will be stored in this jeevan pramaan database. Pension disbursing agency and pensioners can check and download this jeevan pramaan certificate anytime and validate your life existence whenever require.
The best way to do this initially is by visiting the nearest Citizen Service Centre or designated Offices. One can easily find out such centers in your city by visiting jeevan pramaan official website.
Must know fact about jeevan pramaan digital life certificate
One should know following facts about this new jeevan pramaan digital life certificate system.
- This is not a mandatory document. Govt has provided that to provide flexibility.
- One has to register for jeevan pramaan certificate yearly once. Later whenever require pensioners can download the jeevan pramaan digital life certificate by using biometric authentication.
- Aadhaar number is a must. If you don’t have Aadhaar yet, then it is better to apply.
- If you don’t have internet facility or Smartphone, it is advised to visit the nearest Citizen Service center (CSC) to register for jeevan pramaan digital life certificate.
- It’s not mandatory for pensioners to be in India, as they can register online from any part of the world.
Don’t Miss How to create FD online with SBI
So what do you think about this jeevan pramaan digital life certificate? I really liked this initiative as now pensioners need not to return to their base locations to proof they are alive. Have you used this jeevan pramaan certificate for your parents? Share your experience or any query here.