LIC Limited Premium Endowment Plan (Table No. 830) is the new plan joining the list of LIC insurance policy. This is another endowment plan from LIC with few changes. As the name suggest in this policy one have to pay a premium for limited time rather than the entire policy term. LIC endowment plans are mixture of insurance plus savings scheme. You can check out the other endowment policies from LIC launched already.
Key Features of LIC Limited Premium Endowment Plan 830
- Minimum age to enter into this policy is 18 years
- One can buy this policy for 12, 16 or 21 year term
- Premium paying term is less as said earlier. It’s up to 8 years or 9 years max.
- Minimum amount to invest in this policy is 3,00,000
- There is no limit for Maximum sum assured amount
Benefits of LIC Limited Premium Endowment Plan
- In case of death nominee will get Sum assured + Accured Bonus + FAB if any as Death Benefit.
- Sum assured on death will be either 10 times of annual premium paid or 125% of basic sum assured. And in any case death benefit can’t be less than 105% of all premium paid.
- At the end of the policy term insurer will get the sum assured + bonus + FAB if any as maturity benefit. We will check out how much return this policy will give below.
- You can enjoy income tax benefit under section 80C for premium paid.
- In this policy you can also avail Accidental Death and Disability Benefit Rider and LIC’s New Term Assurance Rider (UIN: 512B210V01)
- Get rebate on High Sum Assured value
Don’t Miss LIC’s New Jeevan Sangam Plan Review
One can pay premium yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly mode (through ECS only) or through salary deductions over the term of policy. A grace period of 30 days will be valid for premium payment of yearly or half-yearly or quarterly premiums and 15 days for monthly premiums.
The premium calculation will be as below:
Age of Entry : 35 Years
Policy Term : 12 years
Premium Paying Terms: 9 years
Mode of Payment: Yearly
Sum Assured: 3,00,000
Premium To be paid: 30,091
Maturity Return Calculation
Should I buy LIC Limited Premium Endowment Plan 830
So far whatever policies launched by LIC, they follow a similar structure of calculation. If you consider that as an insurance product then the life cover is almost negligible. If you consider that as a investment product then again you will get very less return. So LIC tried to combine investment and insurance once again in this policy. As an investor you have better alternative available in market. Again I will say the same thumb rule one should follow for a best financial plan : buy a 1 crore pure term insurance plan and invest rest of the amount in low risk investment products or mutual funds.
Waiting for your feedback or any input regarding this policy. I know LIC agents are in action to sell this policy to customers. You can show them this article and ask them to prove this analysis wrong by putting a simple comment. Hope this way at least you will understand what I am trying to say here. Your valuable feedback whether positive or negative is always welcome. Thanks for reading…