Are you planning to open a HDFC savings bank account online? But do you know how many types of savings bank account you can open in HDFC bank account? Then read this article carefully and find everything about opening a bank account in HDFC bank with complete details. HDFC bank savings account opening procedure is almost similar to other banks. But the types of savings account and their features may be little different when you compare with other leading banks in India. Before proceeding further, let me tell you that the latest HDFC bank savings account interest rate is 4% and minimum balance required for regular savings bank account is Rs 10,000 only.
Steps To Open a Savings Account in HDFC Bank in India
To open a HDFC bank regular savings account online, you have to follow the simple step by step guide mentioned below.
- First of all you have to visit HDFC bank online website and request for account opening form, by filling up the request form. They will completely assist you to open a bank account in HDFC.
- Otherwise, you can download the application form and then fill up the form with all key details and personal information. Make sure all the information like nominee, address, mobile number are correct to avoid future hassle.
- Then take a print out of the filled up form and carry all the key documents required to your nearest HDFC branch and submit the same to complete the account opening process.
- After proper verification of documents and your provided data you will be provided a banking kit having debit card, pin, cheque books etc. To find out your nearest HDFC bank branch, please use the HDFC bank branch locator online.
Documents required for account opening in HDFC bank
There are couple of types of HDFC savings bank account which you may like to explore and then choose as per your financial plan. But the documents required to open a bank account in HDFC bank is almost common for all of them. Please carry below documents with original & copy while visiting nearest branch.
- Pan Card copy/Letter from IT dept.
- Identity Proof: Pan Card (back & front) Driving License (copy of name,add,photo pages) Valid Passport(copy of name,add,photo pages) Voter ID(back & front)
- Address Proof: Electricity Bill,Phone Bill(not more than 2 months old) Driving Licence. Passport, Visa. Ration Card.
Did you face any issue while opening a savings bank account on HDFC bank? Please write a simple comment below and share your query or experience below.