The new sbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card is a chip based contactless card which can be used in India & abroad.
With this contactless card, you can make faster, secure & hassle free purchases with a single tap of your Debit Card. It can also be used at millions of Merchant locations where standard Card payments are accepted. You will also earn Freedom Rewardz points on your purchases.
sbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card is an international card with which you can access your account whenever and wherever you want. You can use it for several purposes such as, to purchase goods at merchant establishments, for travel, for making payments online/ e-commerce websites and withdraw cash in India & abroad.
How to apply for SBI International Debit Card
To apply for this contactless card, you need to have an account with any SBI Branch in India where the Card is being issued. After that, apply in the prescribed format for getting State Bank sbiINTOUCH Tap& Go Debit Card.
You can also upgrade your Card to sbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card. Existing account holders of SBI bank need to submit a request for upgrading their existing SBI debit card to sbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card in the prescribed application format. Interested persons who want to avail this facility need to submit the form at their home branch of SBI.
sbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card Cash Withdrawal & Transaction Limit
Let us check this SBI international debit card benefits in detail.
sbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card Features
- Contactless Payments option for faster day to day payments at the merchant locations with standard Card payments.
- You can withdraw cash from State Bank & its subsidiary banks’ ATMs or other ATMs in India and abroad (ATMs with MasterCard/Maestro/Visa/Rupay logo).
- Shopping facility available at 10 lakh merchant outlets in India and over 30 million worldwide.
- This contactless card can be used for booking movie tickets, utility bill payments, travel, other online purchases and payments over the internet.
- Safe online shopping and e-commerce transactions.
- You can opt for instant SMS alerts for all Cash withdrawals/Purchases and online transactions made on your sbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card.
Must Read: Citibank Rewards Credit Card Review
SBI Debit Card Annual Charges
- Debit card joining fee – Nil
- sbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card annual fee – Rs. 150 per annum from the second year of issue plus service tax and edu cess as applicable
- SBI debit card replacement charges – Rs. 150
State Bank Debit Card Reward Points: For every Rs. 200/- spent with sbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card, 1 Freedom Rewardz point (Reward point) point is earned. The amount can be spent on dine out, fill fuel, book travel or spend online. You will earn more reward points on the first three purchases.
sbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card Bonus Points
|On the first purchase transaction within completion of one calendar month of issuance.||100 Bonus Freedom Rewardz points|
|On second purchase transaction within completion of one calendar month of issuance.||100 additional Freedom Rewardz Bonus points|
|On third purchase transaction within completion of one calendar month of issuance.||200 Bonus Freedom Rewardz points|
You can double your points earned for the quarter if you continue using your sbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card at least for 3 purchase transactions in that quarter.
These Freedom Rewardz Points (SBI Reward Points) earned under your SBI debit card can be accumulated and redeemed for exciting gifts. You can visit www.freedomrewardz.com for more information.
sbiINTOUCH tap & go debit card has been launched in the eight largest metros. SBI has issued 1.08 lakh new contactless cards to its customers & the remaining customers will get the cards in near future. ICICI contactless card and HDFC Bank digital wallet are already launched in NFC based platform . On 15th of May, country’s another biggest lender, Axis Bank has also announced to facilitate the contactless payments at 50000 PoS terminals. Please share your experience with the contactless card, if you have any.