SEO is ever evolving. If you want to gain traffic from search engines, it is essential to know about the latest SEO trends. Any genuine SEO expert will tell you that you have to always be on top of your game to rank websites in the search engines.
With ever-increasing competition and change in algorithm, you cannot afford any lack of concentration or strategy while ranking sites in the search engines. Today, we will help you out by sharing with you 5 SEO trends which you shouldn’t ignore in 2019.
5 SEO Trends That Will Matter Most in 2019
1. Search Intent:
Stuffing keyword into the article or on your page which you want to rank will no longer do in 2019. In 2019, Google takes into account the user intent while ranking your pages. It takes into account whether the user is looking for audio/video or text.
Owing to this very reason, if you want to get a significant amount of traffic in 2019, it is a good idea to incorporate all of those elements on your pages. It will ensure that irrespective of the intent of the user, you can rank your page.
It is different than the earlier strategy where Webmasters just had text on the page. With the help of multiple content formats on your page, you can gain traffic and visitors having a different intent. It will also help you rank in the search engines. It is time that you start focusing on the user intent rather than just generating content for the desired keywords.
Also Read How to Rank A New Website Quickly
2. Content Triumphs Again:
The trend of creating quality content is not entirely new. It has been around for quite a few years. However, the emphasis on quality content is ever increasing. Google is becoming more and more stringent when it comes to content guidelines.
It wants to display the best content in front of its visitors. Due to this very reason, you need to ensure that the content on your website is high quality and in-depth as well Only when that is the case, you can rank on the search engines for a long time.
Time and again, Google has stated that sites with in-depth content will have an advantage in the search engines. It means that if you’re adding articles to your website for the sake of search engines, that will no longer work. You have to create quality content which can increase the visitors.
Only once you do so, you can expect to rank in the longer term. Before you hit the publish button, do ask yourself whether you’re going to publish quality content or not. If the answer is no, it is a much better idea to polish your content and then hit the publish button.
You have to consider the purpose of the content. Asking questions like:
- Does this content inform the user about anything new?
- Does it fulfill the user intent?
- Is it unique as compared to others?
Once you ask yourself these questions, it is easy to create quality content for the visitors. Instead of just creating filler content, you must keep this factor in mind and accordingly plan your content strategy. The content trend for SEO is here to stay.
3. Rise of Voice search:
Voice search is gaining immense popularity. With the increasing use of smartphones, users prefer to ask the query by dictating rather than typing. Google has expected to make it’s ranking more conducive for voice searches. If you’re a Webmaster looking to adopt this trend, there are a few ways in which you can do so.
- The first thing which Webmasters can do is to provide direct answers to questions which the visitors might ask. It ensures that they get proper answers through text and voice mode of various virtual assistant software.
- Another thing which the Webmasters can do is to attach an audio file of the blog post or the content on their website to the standard blog post. It will ensure that if the visitors prefer to listen to the blog post or the news rather than read it, they can do so quite easily.
Nonetheless, it is also essential to understand that voice optimization works typically only for getting answers rather than researching into the content. That is why the popularity of the in-depth blog posts will continue rather than being replaced by podcasts.
You have to offer any of the above two methods; however, you must ensure that you do not lose traffic when Google starts emphasizing on voice optimization.
It is expected that in 2019, Google will put more emphasis on voice search. If you’re an SEO Expert, now is the time to be proactive and adopt this trend as it will mean higher rankings for websites which incorporate any of the two measures above.
4. Snippet Optimization:
Google’s answer boxes are adding a lot of different features to its search results. The features include answer boxes, knowledge graphs, and carousels. You never know which features might appear next in the Google search results.
It is vital to optimizing your website for things like featured snippets, and people also ask questions. Once you do so, it is easy to gain additional traffic for your website.
You have to ensure that the content on your website adheres to the information which appears in the snippets and additional boxes. Once you do so, it is easy for you to make your website appear in them. It will help you gain extra traffic for your website.
Rather than ignoring these features of the search results, it is time to take advantage of them so that you can get additional traffic for your website. With time, this trend is going to expand more Hence; it is essential that you take note of it and modify your websites accordingly.
5. Technical SEO retains the prominence:
Technical SEO is undoubtedly going to gain even more prominence in 2019. Almost every SEO expert relies on technical SEO factors to ensure that they gain an advantage over their competition. Some of these technical SEO factors include:
- Page loading speed: The faster the page loading speed, the easier it is for you to outrank your slower competitors. Due to this very reason, it is a good idea to make your website as fast as possible.
- Responsive Websites: Mobile first indexing is here to stay. The prominence of such indexing is increasing on a day-to-day basis. Without a responsive website, you can quickly lose a significant amount of your traffic. It is the reason why you have to ensure that your website is responsive to various devices. This is the key criteria for mobile SEO as well.
- Bounce rate: Bounce rate indicates the percentage of visitors who return to the search engines or close your website after just reading a single page. The higher the bounce rate, the less compatible your website is for that particular search query. That is why; you have to ensure that you provide proper content to your visitors. When that is the case, the bounce rate will be lower, and your search engine rankings will improve significantly.
These are the three aspects which will gain more prominence in 2019. The best thing about these aspects is that you can easily hire an SEO expert to optimize your website for the same. However, it is a trend which you should not miss out on is it can cost you dearly.
So, whether you’re an SEO expert or a Webmaster, these are the 5 SEO trends that will matter the most in 2019. If you do not capitalize on these trends, chances are you can lose a significant amount of traffic and rankings to your competition. It is essential to optimize your websites, keeping these five trends in mind so that you have the edge over your competition in the search engines.
Author Bio: Sandeep Mehta is an SEO Expert and Consultant in India. He has worked with many national and international clients to achieve a good rank on Google. His expertise is very helpful to increase business online and improve ranking. For Further Information: https://www.sandeepmehta.co.in/