I found some useful information in a local newspaper (ABP) regarding the usefulness of Bima Lokpal. Here I am sharing this article to spread about this more and more. Bima means insurance. This Bima Lokpal or Ombudsman will help people who felt cheated or any complaint related insurance policy or the company. You can contact them and file your query. For every state or by grouping few states, several Bima Lokpal operates in India. I found the list of Bima Lokpal offices India here.
But before filling your complain, you have to know whether your complain or issue can be addressed by Bima Lokpal team or not.
Bima Lokpal will help in 4 cases if anyone files a complaint.
1) If insurance company denied to pay the full or partial amount of insured amount.
2) In case company delayed in issuing the amount.
3) In case you have not received all documents, even though you have paid the premium.
4) In case you have been misguided with the premium amount.
If your problem is also any of the above one, you can contact Bima Lokpal team. Now let’s see the things to note before filling a complaint to Bima Lokpal Team.
1) If you have any issue with your insurance policy, then it’s better to file complaint by yourself only. You can also take help from your family members. But you cannot complain by an advocate or an insurance agent.
2) Your insurance policy amount should be under 20 lacs. Bima lokpal cannot help you if your policy amount is greater than 20 lacs.
3) Write your complaint in a plain white paper and mail to their address. You can also fax them the complaint letter.
4) First try to contact your insurance company service section and file your complaint there. If you did not receive any reply with in 1 month or the reply does not match with your expectation, then only contact Bima Lokpal.
5) Keep all necessary documents and complain letter with you as proof of contacting your insurance company. These documents will be required later on.
6) After receiving your application Bima Lokpal team will generally solve your problem within 3 months time. But in some cases more time taken.
So don’t worry about in case you found your insurance company is trying to play with you. Simply visit your nearest Bima Lokpal office and file your complaint. Kindly correct me if any information is wrongly updated here. Your comments will be highly appreciated.